What do we do?
- Provide practical advice and support for employers seeking to develop carer friendly policy and practice and retain skilled workers.
- Identify and promote the business benefits of supporting carers in the workplace.
- Influence government and employment policy and practice to create a culture which supports carers in and into work.
How do we support employers?
- Strong evidence of the business benefits of supporting carers in the workplace.
- Longstanding expertise in working with government and employers on developing and implementing policy and good practice in the workplace.
- Extensive experience of working with employers such as Centrica, KPMG, PwC, Metropolitan Police and the NHS, to support carers wishing to remain in or return to work.
Examples of ways in which we support our member organisations include:
- Raising awareness of caring and caring issues in the workplace.
- Reviewing and 'carer proofing' current policies and practice.
- Identifying and engaging with carers in the workplace.
- Developing, supporting and managing staff carer networks.
- Training and supporting line managers to implement carer friendly policies.
- Signposting employees to sources of workplace and external support.
- Providing opportunities to network with, and learn from, other employers at our regular member events.
- Offering access to our bespoke members' platform, EfC Digital; designed to help build your strategy around supporting working carers.