Not only is there a compelling business case for supporting carers in your workforce but there is also legislation to make sure that it happens. Carers' legal rights have changed over recent years and it is important to ensure that you are complying with the law.
Thiscourse is aimed at employers, including line managers and HR professionals, to explore how they can support and retain working carers within the context of the law.
The materials are interactive and use case studies covering a range of scenarios. Exercises are designed to encourage discussion and shared learning, drawing from participants’ own experiences.
The course covers:
- All relevant employment legislation relating to working carers
- Good practice – how employers can go beyond the law
- The business case – why employers should go beyond the law
- Action planning.
Following the course participants will be able to:
- Understand their legal responsibilities to working carers
- Identify practical ways of supporting and retaining working carers
- Understand the business case for this support.