Employers for Carers occupies a unique position as both an influencer of policy and an early interpreter of the practical implications of legislative change. Armed with our leading-edge, evidence-based research on outcomes, we are providing support and advice to help organisations with their transformation agenda.
- strong evidence of the business benefits of supporting carers in the workplace
- longstanding expertise in working with government and employers on developing and implementing policy and good practice in the workplace
- extensive experience of working with employers such as BT, Centrica, the Metropolitan Police and the NHS, as well as SMEs to support carers wishing to remain in or return to work.
We have supported employers to:
- review and 'carer proof' current policies and practice
- identify and engage with carers in the workplace
- develop, support and manage staff carer networks
- train and support line managers to implement carer friendly policies
- signpost their employees to sources of workplace and external support
- monitor and measure outcomes