10 reasons why you should join EfC
1. Members’ access to online specialist resources including:
- employer toolkits and good practice examples
- sample policies eg Carers Policy
- good practice case studies from leading organisations
- policy briefings
- induction e-learning module
- expert guides/handbooks for managers, carers and employers.
2. ‘Hands on’ practical advice and help from the EfC team who have over 15 years experience in the field of carers and employment. The team can help with:
- raising awareness of caring and caring issues in the workplace
- reviewing and 'carer proofing' current policies and practice
- identifying and engaging with carers in the workplace
- developing, supporting and managing staff carer networks
- training and supporting line managers to implement carer friendly policies
- signposting employees to sources of workplace and external support
- monitoring and measuring outcomes.
3. Opportunities to network and share good practice at our popular members’ networking events
- free attendance for members
4. Initial complimentary consultation session plus an annual free lunch and learn session
- these can be used to identify where we can best work with you to build on your current employee support or we can look at a particular issue of relevance to you.
5. Access to dedicated resources for your employees:
- free online membership of Carers UK for staff in your workforce with caring responsibilities
- dedicated members only employee resources on the Employers for Carers website including practical information and top tips on caring, caring and work and technology.
6. Regular updates and latest information about legal and employment policy through e-bulletins and briefings
- e-bulletin mailed to nominated staff and can then be circulated to all staff/working carers in your organisation.
7. Access to specialist consultancy and training services:
- lunch and learn sessions
- in-house bespoke training
- members receive these at a discounted cost and training can be tailored to meet individual requirements.
8. Latest news on innovations and technology to support working carers including:
- Upfront: On-line guide to caring
- Jointly: care co-ordination app
- E-learning for carers
- Self advocacy toolkit
9. Opportunities to contribute to and benefit from our research
- we produce evidence based reports which consolidate the business case for supporting working carers.
10. Practical support and toolkits to help you with awareness raising activities (published information or events) to encourage employees to identify themselves as carers and come forward for support
- Carers Week (first week of June) and Carers Rights Day (end of November) are ideal opportunities to promote your support for carers.
What does it cost to join*?
|Public Sector and Not for Profit Membership
|Reduced rate for employers with less than a 1,000 employees
|Reduced rate for employers with less than 500 employees
* Prices do not include VAT.
How to join
If you would like to join Employers for Carers please complete the form giving the details of the person you would like to be the main contact for your organisation.
Employers for Carers also has an umbrella EfC membership model for:
- local employer organisations/business organisations such as chambers of commerce or trade associations who have SMEs in membership
- local authorities so that they can bring on board the SMEs within their own locality
Find out more here or contact us for further information and to discuss umbrella membership.